Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 9, 2012

Hello from Brazil!

It sounds like it has been a rough week for you guys. It has been not so bad for me. I am just in Guarapari. We are doing pretty well. I am just teaching. The language is coming along really well. I can’t believe in 2 weeks I’ll have 6 months. That’s just crazy.

So what happened this week? I met a guy who spoke English. That was cool. He lived in England for a long part of his life he had an English accent. I taught him and I just have found out the importance of asking questions. Because we were speaking English and I first asked him if he had ever talked to missionaries before. He said when he was really young and I asked if we could come over later and he said well my mom practices voodoo so probably not. And I was like that’s fine. So we just started to talk because we were walking the same way and I was just asking him questions I would ask anyone. He told me about how his brother died here in Espirito Santo over a soccer game. So I talked to him about how I know that his brother is being taught in the Spirit World right now and that I know that he can live with him again someday.
Then we started talking about how there is so many churches and how we believe our church is the only true church on the earth and a lot of people have a hard time with this subject. It is difficult for people to believe that idk why. But anyways I gave him a Book of Mormon and a second lesson pamphlet so we will pass by his house soon.

But I mean I am loving it here. It’s an experience. I love the people of Brazil. I’m loving the food more. We walk a ton o the new dupla (companionship) will be here tomorrow! Exciting! This transfer is almost over. Well love you guys till next week stay safe and remember to pray !

Elder Pellegrini

No comments:

Post a Comment