Monday, October 3, 2011

First full week as a missionary!

October 3, 2011

Mom,

The first session of conference was in Portuguese so I understood everything perfectly! Just kidding, didn’t understand a thing! Me and Elder Tanner’s (Matt’s MTC companion) areas are right next to each other, so we sat by each other and talked about our first two weeks in Campos. It was funny, he ate cow foot. Said it was disgusting. Then we watched the next 3 sessions in English in the family history center. Which was good. I didn’t get to watch priesthood session so when you guys get the Ensign will you send it to me?

We are teaching a few people. The only one with a date is a boy named Maxwell. He is really cool and can speak English. So I bore my testimony to him in English about the Book of Mormon. It was really cool. The girl I challenged to baptism, her mom won’t let her be baptized. She says she already has a religion. Well it’s ok someday she will hopefully be baptized.

When I first got to our apartment I thought it was so ghetto. But then it grew on me. So that’s good. I like it a lot. It’s got a big kitchen and 3 rooms. I don’t know why it has 3 rooms it’s only me and Elder Hansen. Ha!

I’m doing good. I’m trying to realize the Lord’s hand in my life and realize the Spirit and what it’s telling me to do. It’s hard to get used to. I’m trying really hard though.

But this week has just been a normal week. We have just been working hard. I had mashed potatoes and gravy yesterday. It was good. We just walk a lot. I wore a long sleeve shirt yesterday, it was all that was clean, and I sweated so much. But it was alright. I am loving it here and loving the people. Oh, Elder Hansen wants me to tell you that his birthday is on November 12, just fyi. Well I hope your week is good.

Love you guys,

Elder Pellegrini

1 comment:

  1. Go Elder Pellegrini! Glad to hear that he is well. We love him!

    ReplyDelete