Thursday, July 28, 2011

Matt's first Letter - Not an e-mail

Dear Family,

Well I just want to say that I live on the 6th floor, which is really the 7th.  The language is crazy.  Everyone speaks Portugese always (even the Americans).  I have a blue sticker on my name tag that says I'm new so everyone knows I can't speak any of the language.  I learned the word "descuipa" today, which means "pardon me", which I use alot because I'm even BIGGER here.  I know, crazy!!  O, BTW, Mom, "reals" is pronounced "hey-ows"  which is singular and "hey-eyes" is plural (it's confusing).

The plane ride was good.  I got really sad at the Cedar City airport, but then when I was in Dallas I read Helaman 5:14-26 and I felt comfort come over me.  When I was on the plane the lady sitting next to me said she felt great comfort come over her when getting on the plane and she now knew why.

But anyways, I'm in a companionship with two other elders.  One's name is Elder Furrows, he is from Idaho Falls and is pretty cool.  He is also going to Vitoria.  He has a girlfriend.  He was just talking about her so that's why I put that in.  My other companion is Elder Tanner.  He is from Seattle, Washington.  He is pretty cool.  He is also going to Vitoria.  We room with Elder Bennion and Elder Brown the only one not going to Vitoria is Elder Brown.  He is going to Sao Paulo North.  The MTC is in his mission.

The MTC is sweet!  The food is weird, but alright.  We had pizza night tonight.  It was good, but not as good as Dad's.  The airplane sucked.  I am too big.  Oh, they sell peanut butter here, but it's twelve reals.  So please send me some.  Also flipflops or slippers.  Like those ones I got for Christmas would be perfect, but it's no big deal. 

I love it here.  I have an amazing view from my window.  Having a blast!  I can't take pictures here though.  So I'll get you some soon. 

 Love you,

Elder Pellegrini

No comments:

Post a Comment